The responsibilities of the executive vice president include administration of an annual operating budget of more than $1.5 billion and an endowment pool with a market value of more than $13 billion. The executive vice president also oversees the University's finances, operations, information technology, human resources, campus safety, construction, major events and University enterprises.
Many great leaders have served as the executive vice president, including Rev. Ned Joyce, C.S.C. (1957-1987), Rev. William Beauchamp, C.S.C. (1987-2000), Rev. Timothy Scully, C.S.C. (2000-2003), and John Affleck-Graves (2004-2019).
We are the primary stewards of Notre Dame’s human, financial, physical, and digital resources, and provide the essential services that enable the University to fulfill its mission of education, research, and scholarship informed by its Catholic tradition.
We aspire to be highly effective, efficient, and fiscally responsible partners that empower Notre Dame to be a force for good as the world’s leading Catholic research university.
- Cultivate talented, diverse, and engaged employees with dedicated servant leaders, all of whom exemplify the University’s values.
- Drive operational excellence by fostering a culture of safety, collaboration, and continuous innovation.
- Responsibly manage the University’s financial resources and enhance revenue sources to advance strategic priorities.
- Curate and protect the University’s digital assets to strengthen education, research, scholarship, and operations.
- Steward Notre Dame’s physical assets and natural environment to ensure a sustainable and vibrant campus for current and future generations.